How are you? Staying cool in the steamy summer weather? In this post we’ve included tips to stay cool in the hot weather, an app, links, books, a movie, and recipes! Read on.
Below is a link to find swimming pools, wading pools, and spray decks near you. Cool off in the water:
- Try running through sprinklers, getting a kiddie pool, or cool off with a squirt gun!
- Make your own parfait sundae with yogurt and fresh fruit. What a delicious and healthy way to cool off!
- Have a picnic in your local park.
- Even a few hours in air conditioning gives your body time to cool off.
- Take a cool shower or bath.
- Wear loose fitting long sleeve shirts and clothing and don’t forget, wear a hat.
Looking for ways to cook healthy while beating the heat. Try the app below:
Stumped and looking for ways to be physically active? Want to create fitness goals and keep track? Try this:
What about a petting zoo, a local farm, an orchard, a park, the seacoast, or a beach. Massachusetts has it all. Check the links below:
August is the perfect month to hit the farmer’s market for peaches and tomatoes. They have a short season but when it’s on, it’s ON! Below are a couple recipes you can try:
Cherry tomato salsa:
No bake peach crisp:
Peach and tomato salsa:
What else can we get from peaches and tomatoes?
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl:
I will never not ever eat a tomato by Lauren Child:
One Hot Summer Day by Nina Crews: