Check out this warm and tasty way to get a surprisingly sweet super food into your diet - cranberry nut bread! Did you know that cranberries can help to lower your blood pressure? It's because cranberries are full of potassium!
This recipe requires a bit of work, but the reward will have your family asking for seconds!
This recipe needs:
- 2 cups flour*
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (or margarine) (1/4 cup)
- 1 egg (or 2 egg whites) (medium)
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts